Pharmacy Technician/Technician in Training
Under the supervision of the Pharmacy Director and/or the pharmacist on duty, the Pharmacy Technician will help provide adequate supportive assistance to enable the Pharmacist to provide optimal pharmaceutical services to patients, customers and residents in the most economical and professional manner.
Certification is preferred, but will consider training. Certification must be obtained within 18 months of employment.
1) High school diploma or GED and must be at least 18 years of age
2) Must have good moral character and have no history of drug addiction or misuse.
3) Must register with the Montana Board of Pharmacy as a Technician in Training (If applicable) within 45 days of hire date, or have current certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) and the Board of Pharmacy
4) Must complete pharmacy technician training and certification within twelve (12) months of hire date (If applicable)
5) No previous experience is required, but previous experience in the health care field is desirable.
6) Must have typing ability and good telephone etiquette.
7) Must have ability to follow oral and written instructions with accuracy, speed and dependability.
8) Must be able to work with frequent interruptions and be flexible in work load and schedule.
9) Must be able to set priorities, solve problems and respond quickly to emergency requests
10) Must be willing to perform routine repetitive tasks on a continuing basis
11) Must be able to work cooperatively with staff within the Pharmacy and all other areas
12) Must be dependable in attendance and job performance
13) Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills, allowing for the ability to read and interpret a broad range of prescription terminology and medications
14) Must possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This includes the ability to calculate dosages and days' supply for prescriptions
15) Computer literacy desirable.
16) Ability to successfully pass Background Check and Drug Screen.
Health, dental, life, and FLEX/HSA benefits available with 403-b option.
Salary commensurate with up to 10 years experience.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Hourly Wage: $13.94 - $20.00 per/hour
Ref Code: 2022-037
30 13th St
Havre, MT 59501