Northern Montana Health Care is seeking an experienced Health Care Executive Secretary who can provide top-quality administrative support to our senior management team reporting directly to the CEO. The ideal candidate should be an energetic self-starter who is willing to take on projects and can work under pressure. Must be detailed oriented, have excellent organizational grammar, typing, computer and phone skills, and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat. This position requires qualities of discretion, diplomacy, sound judgment and the ability to solve problems independently. S/he maintains collaborative relationships with all hospital personnel, including physicians, co-workers, ancillary departments, patients, visitors and Members of the Board.
The Executive Secretary is responsible for correspondence, appointments, supervising clerical staff, coordination of meetings including provider interviews and orientation, writing reports, and provider time away scheduling. May be required to plan, coordinate and implement special events such as receptions, luncheons, dinners, etc.
1. Three (3) to five (5) years minimum healthcare experience preferred.
2. High School graduate with secretarial/office training, preferably with minimum of five years’ experience in a professional office setting, or minimum of two years college with emphasis in business and office procedures and a minimum of one year related work experience.
3. Demonstrable knowledge in administrative office procedures-inventory, equipment maintenance service requisitions, supplies, etc.
4. Capable of using independent judgement and diplomacy.
5. Ability to allocate authority, and/or task responsibility.
6. Strong communication skills for all interactions.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
8. Professional appearance, mature attitude and dependable.
9. Skills in typing (60 wpm with minimal mistakes) with proficiency in general office related business correspondence including proper spelling and sentence structure.
10. Proficiency in sentence structure, grammar, spelling and professional telephone manner. Demonstrate accurate mathematical skills.
11. Ability to recognize/refer potential problems appropriately to team members, peers, or superiors.
12. Ability to organize multiple projects to completion.
13. Must be customer service orientated, and remain friendly, cheerful, and helpful to patients and others, maintaining an ability to meet patient and others’ needs, while following office policies, and procedures.
14. Must maintain a positive attitude, and be a positive agent for change.
15. Ability to successfully pass background check and drug screen.
Health, dental, life, and FLEX/HSA benefits available with 403-b option.
Salary is commensurate with up to 10 years of experience.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Hourly Wage: $19.76 - $24.11 per/hour
Ref Code: 2022-137
30 13th St
Havre, MT 59501