Coder- Certified (HIM Dept)
The Certified Coder shall work under the direction of the Coding Supervisor, and the Director of Health Information Management. He/She shall work with Diagnosis Related Grouping (DRGs) and International Classification of Diseases-Current Version (ICD-10). Other duties including processing inpatient hospital claims; reviewing medical records to determine accurate assignment of inpatient codes, including (but not limited to) missing/incorrect procedure codes, missing/incorrect diagnosis codes, DRG validation, and code sequencing. Additionally, he/she shall provide outstanding customer service to internal departments; respond timely to coding review requests/inquiries, as well as complete other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an acute hospital c
• Knowledge of or experience in Oncology preferred but not
• AHIMA (CCS or CCS-P) or AAPC (CPC or CPC-H) certified
• Working understanding of hospital Rev Cycle processes
including HIM, CDM maintenance, & billing/claims
• Proficient auditing and problem solving skills;
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Exceptional organizational and work flow management
• Ability to multitask and work independently with minimal
• Working knowledge of Managed Care and Government payer
environment a plus as well as experience in Rural Health
Salary commensurate with up to 10 years’ experience.
Health, dental, life, disability and FLEX/HSA benefits available with 403-b options.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Hourly Wage: $15.83 - $19.39 per/hour
Ref Code: 2019-171