Coder- Certified (HIM Dept)
• Working experience with Diagnosis Related Grouping (DRGs) and International Classification of Diseases-Current Version (ICD-10)
• Inpatient hospital claims - Review medical records to determine accurate assignment of inpatient codes, including (but not limited to) missing/incorrect procedure codes, missing/incorrect diagnosis codes, DRG validation, and code sequencing
• Provide outstanding customer service to internal departments; respond timely to coding review requests/inquiries.
• Minimum of 5 years experience as an acute hospital coder, with an emphasis in complex acute inpatient cases (cardiac, orthopedic, vascular, spinal/joint)
• Knowledge of or experience in Oncology preferred but not required
• AHIMA (CCS or CCS-P) or AAPC (CPC or CPC-H) certified
• Working understanding of hospital Rev Cycle processes including HIM, CDM maintenance, & billing/claims generation
• Proficient auditing and problem solving skills
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional organizational and work flow management skills
• Ability to multitask and work independently with minimal supervision
• Working experience with hospital patient account systems/billing software (EPIC, Meditech, MedAssets, etc)
• Working experience with Ambulatory Procedure Grouping (APGs) and Current Procedural Terminology-Current Version (CPT) coding a plus
• Working knowledge of Managed Care and Government payer environment a plus as well as experience in Rural Health Clinic guidelines
Health, dental, life, disability and FLEX/HSA benefits available with 403-b options.
Salary commensurate with up to 10 years’ experience. Revised 7/22/19.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Hourly Wage: $15.83 - $19.39 per/hour
Ref Code: 2019-171